Browse online course offerings
- Online courses follow the semester calendar at KU. Enrollment for summer and fall courses occurs in March/April. Enrollment for spring courses occurs in October/November.
- Go to the Schedule of Classes. Select the “More Options” link on the right side of the page, select “Online Courses” in the lower-right corner of the box of search options that appears, then click the “Search” button.
- Online classes have the location designation “APPT ONLNE KULC – LAWRENCE” or “APPT ONLNE KUEC – EDWARDS.”
- Review the course description and “Notes” section for information about the course and any specific requirements set by the instructor or the academic department.
Check your admission status
- Undergraduates (including non-degree seeking students) should visit KU Admissions.
- International undergraduate students (including non-degree seeking students) should visit Admissions for International Students.
- Graduate students (including non-degree seeking and international students) should visit Graduate Admissions.
- For general admissions information, call 785-864-3911.
Enroll through Enroll & Pay
Access your online course
- When the semester begins, go to Blackboard, or go to the KU web site and click on the “Blackboard” link in the upper right corner.
- Log in with your KU Online ID and password. If you have trouble logging in, call 785-864-8080 for assistance.
- You should see your course listed on the right side, under “My Courses.” Click the course and you will see an introductory page giving you directions on how to move through the course.
- Some courses may use an alternative online learning management system instead of Blackboard. Refer to your welcome packet or contact your instructor for the course URL.
Textbook information will be included in the syllabus posted in your online course. Most textbooks may be purchased or rented from the KU Bookstore in the Kansas Union on the Lawrence campus or online from the KU Bookstore. If your instructor has selected an online textbook resource or e-text, specific purchasing instructions will be found in the online course.
- Exams for online classes may be administered either online through Blackboard or in person at an approved testing center, depending on instructor preference. This information can be found in your online course syllabus.
- Online exams are administered through Blackboard and students may take them using their own computers.
- In-person exams are administered on the KU campus by the Center for Online & Distance Learning. Instructions for taking exams, along with specific locations and times, will be found in the online course.
- Students living outside Lawrence who are required to take in-person exams may take their exams at an approved testing center such as a university, community college, or public library in their area. Instructions for requesting off-site exams will be found in the online course.